Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Someone stole our sign!

Posted by drewem (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 11:44

Yup, you read that right. It was a hanging For Sale sign. Looked outside this morning, and it's gone, but the post is still in the ground!

They had to cut the cable ties to get it too!

I guess it's a little funny...but the realtor is on vacation, so dunno when a new one will arrive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Someone stole our sign!

Not the first, unlikely to be the last.

o

Are any of your neighbours' houses for sale? They are probably the culprit. They don't want you to 'steal' their potential buyers.

Otherwise it could just be stupid teenagers. They'll steal anything that isn't tied down (and some stuff that is).

o

Surely, your realtor has someone watching the the listing for them at the office while he/she is on vacation. I'd call the office and request another sign ASAP.

o

"Surely, your realtor has someone watching the the listing for them at the office while he/she is on vacation. I'd call the office and request another sign ASAP."

Seconded!

o

That happened to us as well as a few others around the neighborhood.

They found about a dozen signs in the common ground detention area. The things teenagers find amusing!

o

It was cute the year the Seniors put the "borrowed" signs in front of the High School :)

o

I went by a high school on the way to work today for sale by hundreds of agents.

I am sure the school will be calling everyone to retrieve their signs.

Not as good as stacking tires over the flag pole (most of the way to the top).

o

What I would REALLY like to know is if any agents actually received calls about the property for sale.

Would not surprise me :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here