Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Room Staging

Posted by rosiedancer (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 10:41

My husband and I are planning to sell our home in a few months, and I'm torn on a subject. We have a wall mounted flat screen TV. He wants to take it down, patch up the wall and put the TV on a stand. I think we may be able to just leave it where it is and paint around it. What is the general consensus on this? Take it down or leave it up?

Thanks for any insight!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Room Staging

I would leave it up.

o

Paint around it? Really?

Are you going to 'paint around' other furniture that May be difficult to move?

If you're painting you really should do it correctly.

ML

o

Will you be leaving the bracket that the TV is attached to? If you are leaving it behind, then maybe you can get away with painting around it.

If you are taking it with you, then the best thing is to remove it and patch the wall and then paint.

If you leave the TV on the wall, I'd put a sign on the TV to indicate that it does not convey, and a second sign to indicate that the wall bracket does convey.

But you will have people like me coming to look at the house and thinking, "Oh, no. I'll have to take the TV mount down and patch the wall and repaint--what color of paint did they use? Can I match it? Do I want to have to do this right after I move in?"

Takes a lot away from the idea of a "move-in ready" house.

o

Take it down.

o

Take it down, or convey it with the home.

o

Agree to either take it down or convey. May be a cool extra fro many buyers.

o

I would take it down. I would not leave it up as the features or size of the wall mount may not work for the people who buy your house.

o

Take it down as in most markets anything attached to the wall conveys with the house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here