Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Selling solid wood marble top side table on CL - fair price?

Posted by kellienoelle (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 23:38

Hey all, we were given this table by my in laws and can't use it in our new house. Were thinking of either putting on Craigslist or taking to a consignment type place. But I know nothing about it, so what would be a fair price? How would you describe? in great condition by the way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Selling solid wood marble top side table on CL - fair price?

Oh sorry - this was meant for a different forum, but I'll still take suggestions....

o

No idea what it's worth, although a consignment shop will give you an idea. It's odd you post this... I have a very similar one that I'm going to sell for my uncle! (I'm clearing out their house & selling for them what has an value)

o

I'd take it to a consignment shop first. Craigslist is great for some things, but there are many things to be careful for (scams, strangers coming to your house, dealers trying to low-ball you). And furniture is one of the awful categories.
I've been looking for stuff for my mom's new apartment and gave up. A "fiberglass" chest of drawers were those cheap plastic bins you pick up at a discount store for 1/2 of what they were asking. A "solid wood" table was veneer particle board. Fortunately, once you see the pictures you can see what you're getting before you drive all over town to be disappointed. Most of the stuff was cheap, well used, and being sold by used-furniture dealers (without saying so).
My point, however, is that people who are looking for a nice piece of furniture like that table of yours, will probably quickly give up on Craigslist and move on to a consignment shop. (We went to Ikea instead, but that's a different category altogether)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here