Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luv2designinva

Critique my listing

luv2designinva
11 years ago

Just went on the market on Saturday. Hoping to sell after living here for 14 years. We did a lot of work to the house and like everyone, want to get the most out of the sale of our home.

No showings yet, but I hope it is still early. My goal is to be the best house in our price range, which I think we are, but we had a couple of foreclosures in the community that have not help the comps.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/13904-Sandy-Oak-Ct_Chester_VA_23831_M52754-88898?source=web

Comments (9)

• gardenspice
    11 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of house for the price - and a lovely house at that.
    Here it would be listed as 2.5 baths, not 3, since one is a half. Is listing as 3 normal for your area?
    On the photos - This may seem picky, but I think you should cull out a few. The hallway does not help sell the house. The first one of the kitchen (#4) is not nearly as good as the picture #5. I'd use just one of the green bathroom, the second one. In picture #3, I'd remove the leather chair and retake the shot - it looks crowded.
    Could the realtor write something descriptive about the house in the listing?
    Good luck with the sale. Based on the pcitures, I think you will get a lot of interest.

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

Here it would be listed as 2.5 baths, not 3, since one is a half.

Realtor.com just picks up the total number of baths, not whether they are full or half.

Could the realtor write something descriptive about the house in the listing?

The agent or their office needs to subscribe to enhanced listings on Realtor.com to be able to have a longer description in the listing. However, it appears as if they do, since they have 25 pictures in the listing, which is just an option for those with enhanced listings. It's possible that they didn't check the box when they enhanced it for the extra remarks to show up in the detail page.

• luv2designinva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the listing was just updated to enhanced. See if that helps with the activity.

• jane__ny
    11 years ago

Love your house! Where in Ct? YOur listing does not give a map of the area.

I like the photos of the entry/hallway. I always like to see the entry to a house.

Good luck, it should go quickly. Very nicely presented.

Jane

• barbcollins
    11 years ago

luv2designinva - Lovely house. I wish you luck!

jane__ny - She's in Chester, VA, there is a map at the bottom of the page.

• luv2designinva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We worked really hard to get the house together. Now to maintain. No showings yet, but will keep you posted.

• lyfia
    11 years ago

I would remove the pic that shows the tile design in the shower. That is going to be a some like it others don't and you don't want to turn them away from the house before they've actually been there and seen the rest. Then they may decide that isn't a deal breaker to them. Just don't want to give them that option when just looking at photos.

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

It still looks like your agent has either not inputted the remarks or hasn't checked the correct box to make them show up on the detail page.

This is what the page where the input is done looks like:

• luv2designinva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Terriks, I sent her an email and to let her know.