Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taking great home photos

Posted by jkom51 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 15:33

I often make fun of our local paper, but they are very strong in two areas: food (inevitable, being in the San Francisco Bay Area), and architecture/design. They are one of the very few papers that has original articles on architecture, and they also have some excellent photo slideshows/columns on their website.

I thought this article was a good read, and possibly useful for those who are wondering what goes into making those beautiful professional shots of homes for sale. No registration is needed to view the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 Professional Photographers Share Tips

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taking great home photos

Good article. I am forwarding to the agents in my office.

o

Thanks, jkom51. One of the best tips is near the end of the story: Shoot interiors from a height about 40" from the floor. Another good tip was to try to capture the 'feeling' of being in the room; no need to show *everything* in one shot.

Funny, none of these pros cautioned about 'putting a lid on it' for bathroom shots - lol. They probably don't live in the real world of house photos as circulated on this forum.

o

Yes, these were certainly upscale home photos! But still, not only fun to look at but good advice, and any good advice is probably welcome in today's RE market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here