Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Received an Offer BEFORE ever listing house!

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 14:31

I wanted to follow up with those of you who had followed a couple of my threads as to how things turned out with the staging and sell of my bf's house in Seattle.

Things could not have gone better! We received a fabulous offer before even going to list. It was from the clients of the first Real Estate Broker with whom we met (yet we told him we were not going with him as our agent and had chosen another). So, we had not yet signed with the agent we had chosen and he brought his clients in and that was it... they made an offer. We had a day and a half to stage and clean and move boxes etc before they came. We did a pretty good job given the time we had. We hung over 40 paintings and decorated every last inch of his 3000 sq. ft house. Plus put in a half day of shopping! We still have a long road ahead of us with the inspection and everything else. Never a done deal until the closing is over.

I think what I need to take away with this experience is to interview as many realtors as possible. That way they know your house will be on the market and they may already have buyers. Secondly, go see open houses. Pictures are sooooo misleading. The houses in the neighborhood that were available were pitiful in person. The second two realtors we met with priced the house significantly lower than they should have. So, do your homework!

Wish us luck that the rest of this long road goes well!

Good luck to all of you!

BTW it is a sellers market here in Seattle right now and the inventory is so very low.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Received an Offer BEFORE ever listing house!

That's amazing--congratulations. You're so lucky not to have to do the daily, "Is the house ready for showing" thing for weeks/months. Hope your sale goes as smoothely as ours has (so far, knocking on wood as I type)with settlement less than 2 weeks away, we're starting to breathe--LOL!

o
RE: Received an Offer BEFORE ever listing house!

Thank you azzalea! I will be crossing my fingers for the both of us! Congrats to you as well!

Amy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here