Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Received an Offer BEFORE ever listing house!

amykath
11 years ago

I wanted to follow up with those of you who had followed a couple of my threads as to how things turned out with the staging and sell of my bf's house in Seattle.

Things could not have gone better! We received a fabulous offer before even going to list. It was from the clients of the first Real Estate Broker with whom we met (yet we told him we were not going with him as our agent and had chosen another). So, we had not yet signed with the agent we had chosen and he brought his clients in and that was it... they made an offer. We had a day and a half to stage and clean and move boxes etc before they came. We did a pretty good job given the time we had. We hung over 40 paintings and decorated every last inch of his 3000 sq. ft house. Plus put in a half day of shopping! We still have a long road ahead of us with the inspection and everything else. Never a done deal until the closing is over.

I think what I need to take away with this experience is to interview as many realtors as possible. That way they know your house will be on the market and they may already have buyers. Secondly, go see open houses. Pictures are sooooo misleading. The houses in the neighborhood that were available were pitiful in person. The second two realtors we met with priced the house significantly lower than they should have. So, do your homework!

Wish us luck that the rest of this long road goes well!

Good luck to all of you!

BTW it is a sellers market here in Seattle right now and the inventory is so very low.

Comments (2)