Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Do you think they would include a re-decorating allowance?

terezosa / terriks
12 years ago

This listing was posted on the Home Decorating Forum. I think that a full price offer (or any offer) should include a re-decorating allowance!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (20)

• C Marlin
    12 years ago

No link...

Are you referring to the lovely NJ house?

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I swear the link was there when I posted.
    Here it is.
    (I think that the link box does not like quote marks.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Jersey style home

• hayden2
    12 years ago

Good golly miss molly.

• cas66ragtop
    12 years ago

If I had 2.9 Mil for a house...........I would want a rotating bed with pink chiffon and zebra stripes, a bathtub shaped like a clam, an office with orange and white stripes, an all red billiard room with a giant stuffed camel, a disco room with my own disco dancers, a party room with fancy friends, and a big backyard with Grecian statues, s-shaped hedges and three swimming pools.

• Adella Bedella
    12 years ago

Wow! I think I'd invest in some paint.

• chispa
    12 years ago

cas66ragtop, in my area of CA the dream home you described would be closer to $5 Mill and I'm not sure you could squeeze in the 3 pools !!!!! ;-)

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! I think I'd invest in some paint.

And wallpaper stripper.

• LoveInTheHouse
    12 years ago

I will bet anything the sellers are from some Arab country. That is horrendous!

• mpinto
    12 years ago

"I will bet anything the sellers are from some Arab country."

Please! We wouldn't be caught dead in something that tacky!

• cas66ragtop
    12 years ago

I think whoever owns the house invented something really big - like the Opti-grab. Or maybe they were the owner of a very successful restaurant chain - like Cup o' Pizza. Or maybe they wrote a huge monster hit song - like "I'm picking out a thermos for you". I bet they spent their money too foolishly and are now forced to sell. I bet they donated too much, hoping to prevent the spread of cat juggling. C'mon now.....how foolish can you be? Everybody knows cat juggling is too big to stop.

• azmom
    12 years ago

"I will bet anything the sellers are from some Arab country. That is horrendous!"

If you have ever seen one of those gorgeously decorated homes in Arab countries (there are tons over there), you would not make such a remark.

• chisue
    12 years ago

Well...it has *more* of *everything*, but does it have a false ceiling where Tony can stash his guns and cash before the FBI can get in the house?

Please tell me this was posted on "Home Decorating" as a no-no!

cas66ragtop -- Thanks for the laughs! "I'm picking out a THERMOS..."? hee-hee-hee

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I imagine that the owner perhaps looks a little bit like this:

• chisue
    12 years ago

Now I am curious. Anyone able to *see* the family photos on the music room wall?

• graywings123
    12 years ago

A little googling indicates that it is owned by a doctor of internal medicine of Jewish descent.

• cas66ragtop
    12 years ago

terriks - Snooki and all her nasty little friends also entered my mind........but this house is WAY TOO CLEAN. Tacky, yes. Filthy and disgusting, no.

chisue - I also thought of Tony Montana, but his turf is Miami. But NJ is famous for mobsters, and the dark red carpet would be great for not showing a little blood that might happen to get on the floor. The extra kitchenette would be a great place to hack up the drug informants.

graywings - I also Googled and found out about the doctor, but his name being Benn, I assumed he might be Indian. I did see where he gave Howard Dean a $250 donation. Scary what you can find on the internet. See - I wasn't far off when I said he probably foolishly gave too many donations to the wrong people!

Sorry all this has been at the homeowner's expense. I was just having fun, wasn't intending to be mean about it. He obviously has different taste, and obviously spent a lot of money doing it. More money than I will ever have. I'm sure my house would not win any design awards either.

Thanks for the laughs guys!

• chisue
    12 years ago

Wrong "Tony". This is Jersey. Think Soprano.

• jane__ny
    12 years ago

Where do you buy furniture like that? Who the heck makes such stuff? That house is scary...

Jane

• logic
    12 years ago

Two homes for sale in our general area are owned by builders. Both are almost as "personalized" to put it kindly.

One would think that builders, who should have a better handle on market appeal, would have depersonalized to some degree.

That said, I think that too many people are convinced that if they spent a lot of money on their "decor", that by the virtue of the expense, it will have universal appeal.

They don't seem to realize that with so many homes languishing on the market, especially at this price point, buyers skip right over the listing to those that require far less work and it's inherent disruption to bring the home to the point where they would be happy with the space.

• logic
    12 years ago

It's listed at more than double the assessed value ($1,155,000)and the property taxes are almost 63K..

Should be interesting to see the final sale price.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm