Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran1523

Sold in less than a week

fran1523
11 years ago

My 39 year old raised ranch hit the MLS last Thursday morning and I received an offer last evening although I still don't know for how much. Meeting with realtor this afternoon. The house is in turnkey condition with everything from infrastructure to kitchen and baths being replaced or updated. Now only to find someplace to move. At 70 years of age I just couldn't deal with the house anymore.

Comments (13)

• weedyacres
    11 years ago

Be careful about counting your chickens, since you don't even have the offer in hand yet. It could be a horrible low-ball. I hope it's not, but there are so many horror stories out there lately, there's a lot between here and "sold."

Good luck, and I hope you do in fact sell it soon.

• mgmsrk
    11 years ago

I hope all goes smoothly but I would also caution. Before you move out or sign a lease to someplace new to live make sure it is after the inspection AND the buyers have provided you with a COMMITMENT to lend from the bank, not just a pre approval letter.

Last year a friend got a call 3 days before her closing from her real-estate agent letting her know that the people who wanted to buy her house were denied the mortgage. She had her stuff out, a 1 year lease signed on a new apartment. It was no fun, it did work out for her but only because the buyers parents stepped in and took out the loan, most would not do that.

• krissie55
    11 years ago

Please take it slow, do not count your chickens before they hatch!!

I am in the process of selling a house, closing date has been changed 3 times, extensions were needed for various reasons by the lender for the buyer's FHA loan. The afternoon before the last closing date the lender decided they needed certified proof of buyer's salary from the IRS. They had 45 days to do this prior to closing. Next closing date is 3 weeks in the future in hopes the IRS will respond within that time frame.

If the buyer of your house is using a VA or FHA loan, sit tight, it is going to be a long drawn out process after you have a signed contract in hand.

• maddielee
    11 years ago

BUT...it might be a smooth transaction. We had an offer on a house we sold 4 hours after it went on MLS. Good contract within 24 hours. A Closing with no problems.

Good sales do happen! Good luck!

ML

• hfawn
    11 years ago

Any updates? I've been wondering how it's been going for you.

• fran1523
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Turns out, the buyers couldn't get enough $$ and the sale fell through. We had another open house a week later and I got another offer for $15K more and the buyer is pre-approved for plenty of money. So all seems to be working out for the best. Thanks for the interest.

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    11 years ago

"BUT...it might be a smooth transaction. We had an offer on a house we sold 4 hours after it went on MLS. Good contract within 24 hours. A Closing with no problems. "

Seems it is either feast or famine, LOL.

My Mom has a contract on a house that had three offers on its first day on MLS. The only reason she got there first is that it is in my neighborhood and I saw them physically put the sign up. We called before it showed up on MLS and ours was the first viewing on the first day it was listed. Obviously the other two shoppers were on the ball as well.
    It was a strong cash offer so hopefully no issues :)

• fran1523
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the optimism. We are currently waiting for the bank appraisal. I have a buying horror story to tell but will start a seperate post.

11 years ago

Things go well all the time- people just don't post smooth sailing stories.
    They actually moved up my Mom's closing and it took place last week.
    So listed on MLS on June 11th and closed on June 29th.
    Hopefully when we get her current home ready to list it will go half as well.

• fran1523
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm closing on this house July 31st because everything is done. I think 10 weeks from open house to closing is pretty darn good.

• melody-s
    11 years ago

Congrats on selling your home. Depending on location things do seem to be looking up.

11 years ago

My mom put her offer in on June 11 and closed on June 29.
    It was fast!!

• yogastef
    11 years ago

That's fantastic! Congratulations.