Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

Finally... an offer

jenswrens
14 years ago

I'm trying not to be too excited, but we FINALLY got our first offer on our Minnesota house!! After one year of being on the market.

I know it could still fall through at any second, but after months of showings and increasing frustration on my part thinking it would never sell, I'm pretty psyched. We countered and they accepted, so the next hurdle is to get through the inspection.

Please please keep your fingers crossed for us (or prayers or good thoughts or whatever)!

And thanks to everyone for your advice and encouragement over the past months. I'm sure I'll be needing more of it in the next 45 days to come.

Here is a link that might be useful: Minnesota House

Comments (18)

• xamsx
    14 years ago

Congratulations and best wishes!

• triciae
    14 years ago

Oh, I just came inside to get away for a couple minutes from the noise of our Memorial Day BBQ & saw your post.

I'm very happy for you. Congratulations!

/tricia

• divadeva
    14 years ago

Hi jenswrens,
    Great for you! And you had the courage to give them a counter offer! That's very encouraging for the close, they wanted it enough to repsond to your counter.
    Diva

• 3katz4me
    14 years ago

YAY!!! I'm so happy to hear that. Hopefully everything will get to done with no problems!

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! Thankfully, we got through the inspection fine - just a few little things to fix. The appraisal was today, so I'm really hoping that went okay too. Please keep your good thoughts coming! :-)

• 3katz4me
    14 years ago

Any more news?

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

Keep us posted!
    Don't want to jinx it....

• booboo60
    14 years ago

Just "stopping by" and checked out your post and your photo gallery! What a beautiful home! Best wishes to you and best of luck on your closing!

• sparksals
    14 years ago

Jen, any update? Don't keep us in suspense!

• crazyone
    14 years ago

your house is CHARMING!! wow, i cannot imagine no offers! congrats on one finally coming in, they are lucky to ahve such a lovely home!

• 3katz4me
    14 years ago

Jen - what's happening?????????

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks for the inquiries. I STILL have not heard anything about the appraisal or if the buyers have finalized/secured their loan. It makes me very nervous, especially after reading some of the recent posts here. But the agents tell me that it usually takes about 30 days after the initial offer for underwriting to be complete - that 30 day mark will be this Friday, the 19th. Yesterday, the RE agency said they put in an inquiry to the loan officer about the status, but I haven't heard anything yet. The waiting is killing me.

• jakkom
    14 years ago

Take heart, loan processing is going really, really slowly in many areas these days. Be patient, I'm sure things will work out, and congratulations!

• gwent
    14 years ago

Hang in there. The process takes time and stay on top of it best you can. We sold /closed in May and the buyers home inspection took place in March while we were out of state at father in law's funeral so it was a tense time for us.
    Hang in there.

• User
    14 years ago

It's a gem of a house. The buyers must be aching to have it!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on out.

• bmrbabe
    14 years ago

Hmmm... I clicked on your Minnesota House link which took me to the thread on the "Ug" thread. Clicked on your Minnesota House link there - and it showed a picture of your house with a lock on it and required a password. Have you taken it away from view??

• lyfia
    14 years ago

bmrbabe - I doubt the OP has done anything. Most likely the house closed and the realtor closed the listing.

• booboo60
    14 years ago

Actually it is still "viewable"; after clicking on the "minnesota house" above, it takes you to the "ug" thread; then scroll down to the 6th entry, click on "minnesota house" again and that will take you to her photos, enter "jen" for the password and you can view the beautiful photos!!