Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank Heavens!

Posted by azzalea (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 9:09

For Great Buyers!!!

We had our settlement yesterday, selling the home we've lived in for almost 40 years. The buyers were wonderful from the start--considerate, willing to compromise (as we were), pleasant, cooperative. No outlandish or expensive requests. BOTH our agents commented on what an easy sale it was, how smoothely it went.

I know this isn't the norm, but just had to acknowledge how much we appreciated our excellant agent--who found us buyers in 5.5 weeks, our buyers who have become friends, and their lovely agent who also helped move things along.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank Heavens!

Congratulations! Wish everyone could be so lucky.

o

I'm so happy for you!

Jane

o

Congratulations!

40 Years? Must have been tough to move out of that house.

o

Barb--you don't know the half of it--LOL! We actually bought our 'new' house 4 years ago, and have been gradually moving for the entire time (well, sorting, tossing, moving, reorganizing....) Unfortunately, there were a few things happen along the way that prevented us from listing as soon as we'd have liked to (health problems, both DH and I; then aunt's health took a turn and I had to assume responsibility for her; then they had our street torn up for the better part of 2 years to replace the water, sewer and gas lines.....for starters). but it all worked out--now we're old enough to retire, the market is rebounding in our area, and we found just the right buyers for our home and the neighborhood.

I wish everyone could have the positive experience selling that we did.

o

Well it's nice that you were able to move slowly.

We have only been in our current house for a little over 10 years and I dread moving all this "Stuff" again. (DH is a packrat).

We have no immediate plans to move but I hope to be able to sell within 5 years. I have started making trips to the dump & goodwill etc purging what I can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here