Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lethargobuild

Photo critic

lethargo
9 years ago

Please review photos, and critic (gently please!)

Thank you!

http://matrix.realcomponline.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=1519769XJ198&p=DE-13445995-677#1

Here is a link that might be useful: photos

Comments (19)

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

A very attractive home with great curb appeal! In my opinion, photos #5 and #12 are a waste of space. It would be great if picture #7 was replaced with photos that showed more of the room from a couple different angles. Nice photos of the kid's rooms and bathrooms. Where are photos of the kitchen?

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

Nice pics of exterior and bedrooms. But only 1 living room shot. No kitchen or other common area photos.

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Have you already updated your photos? I am seeing kitchen pictures...

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

Yup, there are several new photos since my comments this morning. Much better. You don't need #7 (kitchen photo mostly showing the microwave and half the table/chairs) but the other two kitchen photos are good. Pick one of the two photos of the basement rec room -- the one taken near the stairs looking into the room is the better of the two. Still not seeing a good picture of the upstairs living room (room with the fireplace). Need to show more of that room.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Is there a way you can get rid of the microwave?

Also, do you have a living room? Or is that the one called the family room?

• weedyacres
    9 years ago

I think they look good. Your house looks clean, uncluttered, well-maintained, and unoffensive (no fushia walls to be painted over).

The backyard shot looking towards the house makes the back lawn look huge, but the photo from the front doesn't look like the back yard is all that big. One of them is deceiving (not in the sense that you're doing something wrong, I'd just need to see what the real deal was with a drive-by or showing.)

• mjlb
    9 years ago

I think your photos highlight the house well. However some of the photos (kitchen and bedrooms) are a bit dark; your camera software can probably brighten them up. You seem to have de-cluttered and de-personalized, which is often recommended. But I think if you gave the bedrooms some decorating attention they would look more inviting. I agree that another family room photo, to show more of the room, would be a good idea.

This post was edited by mjlb on Wed, May 21, 14 at 16:00

• done_again_2
    9 years ago

I second the bedroom decorating. The beds have the comforters pulled up over the pillows. It gives the impression that someone just got out of them and made them quickly. Dressing up the beds more may give a better impression.

• kathyg_in_mi
    9 years ago

Yep, fix up those beds, get some sets of bedding with shams and make it nice.

• Minnie Mouse
    9 years ago

It looks great. I would take the microwave off the kitchen counter and that's the only thing I could think of.

• lethargo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree on many points! My DH and agent have worked on the photos while I worked on decorating. The bedding hadn't come in yet for the pics (came in yesterday!) but we needed something up there so I did what I could so we could get pics up before the holiday weekend.

Can't move the microwave/pizza oven...

The yard is 'small', as we're on a 1/4 of an acre, but feels very large. The fence is not on the boundary lines. We want people to remember the yard too because we're on an intersection IN town and many other homes don't have the outdoor space. We have to draw upon our strengths.

We can lose a kitchen pic. I do have another pic of the living room, I'll work on getting up. And we can lose a basement PUC, but I feel it shows the layout well. My pics aren't sending to my email account, so we're having a hangup over that. Overall though we feel good about the listing.

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

You can remove the microwave for the photo. Then put it back once the photo is clicked. I'm sure you can live without the pizza oven for 5 minutes.

• littlebug5
    9 years ago

I agree with Pixie Lou - what do you mean, you can't move the microwave!???? Of course you can. Unless it's screwed or superglued into place.

• alisonn
    9 years ago

The microwave on the counter screams: "Our kitchen is SO small, that we have to keep the microwave on the counter."

Seriously, that is the message it sends.

• alisonn
    9 years ago

Otherwise, all the rest of the pictures are fine.

• lyfia
    9 years ago

I agree on the mw/pizza oven. Can you remove it while selling? Just use a smaller microwave and tuck it on the counter next to the fridge and use the regular oven for pizza while selling. It is making your small kitchen look even smaller.

Cute house otherwise and I think it looks good. Wishing you a fast sale.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

The microwave/pizza oven needs to go because it occupies valuable prep and drop area next to your range.
    Could you put up a shelf where the pots are now? But I guess it's too deep?
    I also would remove the pots from the top shelf because it screams, "no space to store pots." Put some cook books up there.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

I agree about removing the little oven and pans for photos. You can put a towel on the rod and something pretty on the shelf. It does look like there is no room for pans.

I'd also open the shower curtain, unless there is something behind it you'd rather not show.

Pretty house, and just what people want.

• jea2007
    9 years ago

Get some color in those window boxes in the front and it will really pop and be absolutely adorable, color helps things stick in memories also.

I'd also stick a flower pot or 2 on the porch with a flag in it, sounds cheesy but your house has an Americana feel to it and I think you should play it up.

Open the shower curtain

Livingroom photo that shows the fireplace more than the book shelves.

Show me the deck. Side of yard view is good, the long view is still kind of confusing.

Nothing on the counters but something decorative perhaps. The narrow kitchen picture is not needed.

Unless you are leaving the washer and dryer that picture does nothing to make me want to view your house.

I think the basement pictures are good, shows me it is finished and functional.

I think the upstairs pictures are a little confusing but not sure how to make them better.

It looks like a nice house. Good luck.