Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
who2ted

FSBO flat fee company

who2ted
9 years ago

Has anyone used or can recommend
byownerflatmls.com?
They charge $250 to get on local MLS. Any other listing companies you can vouch for?

Comments (4)

• sushipup1
    9 years ago

As I understand, you get what you pay for. Which is not much.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

We used http://listonmls.com
    It was $250, which included 10 pictures. The people were very helpful- I submitted my forms to list on a Saturday and it was up by Monday.
    They answered my questions about the forms I needed to submit, and they made a change immediately when there was something that needed to be altered.

We got an offer on our house 4 days after listing. I emailed the MLS company w/ the contract within 24 hours (as required) and they again were very helpful, and updated the listing immediately to reflect that the house was under contract & we were showing for backup offers.

The whole thing was a very pleasant experience.

This post was edited by beaglesdoitbetter on Wed, May 7, 14 at 10:57

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Beagles ... was the offer from a person with a "buyer's agent" or was is someone doing it themselves?

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

The offer was from a person w/ a buyer's agent. We agreed to pay 2.5 percent commission.

We have actually gone under contract in 2 different houses in the last 2 months. Our house in FL, we listed on Zillow & got a person w/ no buyer's agent, so no commission for anyone (yay). We used a standard form contract, and are having a title company close that deal, so virtually no transaction costs other than title insurance & transfer tax.

The other house that we had on the MLS, we tried the Zillow route and didn't get enough showings so we decided it was worth it to list on the MLS, pay the commission & get the house sold.

We got near to our asking price after just the four days, so it was worth it I think. Now we have inspections/appraisals for both houses over the next week and I'm a nervous wreck that everything goes through OK...