Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elle481

neighbor won't move car from our driveway!!!

elle481
15 years ago

We are in the final stages of selling our mom's home. The home has been vacant. Our mom allowed the neighbors next door to park one of their cars in her two car driveway and for that they took our her garbage. Well, Mom has moved out, the house is closing in the next few weeks and we have rented a dumpster. We called the agent and asked him to notifiy the neighbors that they needed to moved their cars immediatly (they now park both in the spaces). He called twice to remind her. They agreed. My nephew was over there late this afternoon to check the home and the cars are still there. He saw the neighbor and was given "attitude"!!! This neighbor was also the former agent that had originally listed the home. The home is still listed with the agency but with another agent after I called her manager and had her taken off the listing due to her unprofessional behavior. I called the neighbor today and left a message telling her she has been told three times and to please move her cars immediatly or they will be towed! She never called back (I'm trying again). If the cars are not moved and the dumpster is being delivered, how do I handle this?

Comments (8)

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Have the cars towed. They're on private property. You've notified them adequetly (document that) but honestly, you told them to move the cars, they haven't, so have them towed.

You might also consider mentioning this to the agent who is now listing it. They can talk to their broker. It sounds like she's trying to screw up the deal (delay your ability to work on it) because she's bitter.

• rar1
    15 years ago

I'm with igloochic, have them towed and impounded, as they have been abandoned on private property. Or if you're a jacka$$ like me I would drop the dumpster behind the cars where they can not get them out. Or better yet, you could have the dumpster dumped on top of the cars!

Good Luck!

• Linda
    15 years ago

I would send a certified letter stating that she has been notified on three separate occasions to remove the vehicles from the property. Give her an end all date and say if the vehicles are not removed by 5pm on that date, they will be towed at her expense. I wouldnt be playing games with this lady.

You could also call the police and tell them there are two cars parked on your property that arent supposed to be there. Let them go an knock on her door, Im sure she'll move them in a hurry.

• dreamgarden
    15 years ago

"The home is still listed with the agency but with another agent after I called her manager and had her taken off the listing due to her unprofessional behavior."

Seems odd that the agency hasn't 'talked' to this agent to ask her why she is trying so hard to sabatoge this deal. What does the present agent think of this?

linda117-"You could also call the police and tell them there are two cars parked on your property that arent supposed to be there. Let them go an knock on her door, Im sure she'll move them in a hurry."

Good idea. I wouldn't want to have to waste the time and money getting a certified letter either.

linda117 is right. I'd ask the police to stick around when the tow truck arrives as well.

• elle481
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update! Crisis averted, the cars have been moved, just in time I might add, as the dumpster was delivered shortly after!!!

• rar1
    15 years ago

Good news! Glad it worked out for you.

• mariend
    15 years ago

you might still think about changing RE companies. The agent could still cause trouble or get into the house even if another agent has keys. I would not trust the company at all. In fact if there is a lock box, any agent could get in and do alot of damage. You also might discuss this with the local law enforcement so they can keep an eye on the property, if they will, but if it is a small town, be alert