Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
louislinus

FSBO Purchase Agreement and Contingency Questions

louislinus
10 years ago

We've had our house listed FSBO for 3 weeks and I have an offer for $5k under my asking price. Yay! We agreed to get together to hash out the purchase agreement and then will take it to an attorney to review. I told her I'd print out an agreement and bring it with me and now I can't quite figure out which one to use. Some of them I'm finding online already have title companies filled in. Also, we have a few contingencies and the forms I found I didn't see a place to list those. (She wants the deal contingent upon the house appraising at the selling price. I need a 14 day contingency to make sure we get under contract on the house we to buy.) Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also I know I need a contingency to get under contract on my new house, but what if I get under contract and the inspection at my new house is terrible and I want to back out? Or what if my financing falls through? Am I out on the street? I have a buyers agent for the house I want to buy and she is really terrific but I don't want to call her for advice because I feel badly I didn't use her to sell our house. She understands because if I didn't do FSBO I wouldn't have enough of a down payment to buy the new house.

Comments (5)