Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FHA Appraisal: time it takes to get results back

Posted by pollopicu (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 20:52

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results for the FHA appraisal? We already had the inspection and that went well.

We had our appraisal done this past Tuesday (4/10) and now it's Friday and we have to wait the entire weekend. Our mortgage broker is on our side and anxiously waiting for the response to be "uploaded" into the system, which obviously hasn't yet. I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I'm close to tears knowing we won't hear anything all weekend, with no guarantee we'll get a response next week.

I'm in the northeast part of CT. Does anyone have experience in this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FHA Appraisal: time it takes to get results back

It usually depends on the appraiser, but they usually have them done within 4 or 5 days. You should hear by monday or tuesday. Why are you so stressed about the appraisal, do you think the house is overpriced?

o

No expertise on appraisals- just wanted to say breathe, go outside and enjoy the spring.
Same week service is a rare bird nowadays and as it is out of your hands why allow it to ruin your weekend? Take a step away from the home buying stress- visualize putting it in a cupboard somewhere and don't take it back out until Monday.

o

Although the house is in seemingly great condition (passed inspection with flying colors) I'm afraid they'll find some fault with it, so it's not about price. It's about what the appraiser would find as safety issues. With FHA you never know..
I have been through the process at least 4 times in the last 3 years. This is the closest we've been, so I'm understandably stressed. I am enjoying the outdoors. Jogging, yoga, new pup, etc. worry is worry...easier said than done.

o

When our house was appraised (last month), we were told it would take a week to 10 days. The approval got to us in about 2 days! Our agent was even surprised at the quick turn around. I'm sure, though, the times can vary greatly from region to region, appraiser to appraiser.

o

We still haven't heard back. I have no choice but to wait, but it's driving me insane.

Thanks for the responses.

o

The house appraised :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here