Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamywhite

How many buyer's are coming through your house?

dreamywhite
15 years ago

Let's start a thread. State the price you are selling for, the condition of your home, current days on market, and how many buyer's are you able to get to come through so far. Include if they called, drove by or open house.

$189,900 - Complete Gut & Remodel Brick Ranch City Home - DOM 25 - Total Buyer's that Came Through So Far 14. (12 Came From Open Houses and 2 Set Up Appointments)

List yours below...

Comments (25)

• gwent
    15 years ago

We are under agreement (closing scheduled for late May) but here is my tale:
    $524,000 (3 bedroom Cape in New England in town with excellent schools). Good -Fair condition. Went under agreement after 40 DOM. Approx 20-30 buyers came thru- all with brokers. Open house: 15 people. Our broker was about to suggest we lower our asking price after 30 days to $519K when we accepted offer for $490,000 .
    Yes, lower than asking but we are motivated to sell and house had more repair issues as revealed by house inspection than we expected. We are pleased in this market to have found a buyer.
    If all goes to plan, we close in late May.
    Good luck to all sellers out there! Hang in there and be flexible if you can- we were and I think it helped us!

• stretchad
    15 years ago

We are under contract as well with close date of May 15. Inspection is this Friday.

$144900 was list ($140 is Sale Price) for 2200 SF 3br/2.5ba in burbs of Indianapolis.
    Went under contract about 45 DOM. Have had 13 showings total (2 after we went under contract). All of them were by appointment. We had no open houses.

Hopefully the inspection goes well (it should be okay - it's a newer house)

• dreamywhite
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You both are lucky and congrats - do hope all goes well. Seems like you both hit the 40 day mark which is very hopeful for us. We have received all positive feedback since we do all of our own showings and OH's. BUT we keep getting people calling and emailing about renting instead of buying - they all say they love our home and it's beautiful but unfortunately we are not in a position to rent. So I guess people are looking at the ads we just need to be more patient.

• theroselvr
    15 years ago

dreamywhite, it might be more helpful to add where you are selling. Where I sold last year, there was a spring market, we just happened to luck out. We did a $10k reduction, then kept lowering in small amounts. We listed Memorial Weekend 2007, closed Memorial weekend 2008. 10 months before an offer.

stretchad has had their house listed before, it appears this was their time to sell, they hit the magic number, were probably the best in that price and there was a buyer that liked their house.

• chrisk327
    15 years ago

Not sure if I qualify yet...
    1100 sqft 2br 1 bath cape on 50x100, Diamond condition (really!) new kitchen and bath and redone everything else with granite etc.

listed at $399K
    DOM 2
    1 showing from signs

• chicagoerin
    15 years ago

Columbus, Ohio (New Albany), 2200 sq foot ranch, excellent condition. DOM 30 7 scheduled showings. Listed at 329,9, bought it for 310k 3.5 years ago. Would be happy to break even. Listed flat fee MLS, posted in realtor.com and mls. Realtors are saying it shows well and is priced right so we shall see. Have not had open house and don't plan to.

• mykidsdaddy
    15 years ago

Central Florida (Ocala), six weeks on market. Zero showings. Selling short, listed presently for $155,000 less than we paid.

House is two years old, vacant, two story Cape Cod, 2800 square feet, on two wooded, private acres, front view is horse paddock (Ocala is a very horsey area). Extremely private area, great school district, close to exclusive gated communities.

Listed by local realty company in county-wide MLS and also on REALTOR.COM. We're having an open house this weekend and trying to stay optimistic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our website that describes the property.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Ok mines kind of fun...

Let's start a thread. State the price you are selling for, the condition of your home, current days on market, and how many buyer's are you able to get to come through so far. Include if they called, drove by or open house.

Sales Price:
    $225,000 (raised from 200,000 which I'll explain later) TAV 287,000

Condition:
    Horrific, and yet completely historically accurate...to 1976 (including the multi colored shags, horrific wallpaper, and an 8 track built into the dining room wall). It's sold as is, needs a total gut remodel

Current days on market...
    Well here's the funny thing. See it wasn't on the market yet. I'm actually still at -21 or so days (I was planning on putting it on the market 5/1)

An agent sent a letter to my current home on a lake (same complex of townhouses). I called and said "No" but I have another if they're interested in being in the complex. He asked if HE could see it, and then came with his client without asking. They pushed me to take an offer then and there. I was planning on selling for 200,000 with the goal of clearing 185,000. I ended up clearing the deal with all fees at 202,000.

But with great luck comes bad...

We turned around and made an offer on our future home. It's been on the maket for four years, NO offers, NONE! Just interested buyers but since it's a losing profit B&B they can't sell. They refused our offer and countered with an offer that basically says "screw" you and we don't want to see another offer below the asking price. They added rediculous concessions (25,000 non refundable ernest etc).

One good...one sucks...

• honeychurch
    15 years ago

TX, top schools, house is 12 years old, gated community, new carpet/paint, sport court, 3516 sq ft. Listed at $315000. DOM 34, so far 18 showings including one very lowball offer on day 2 (we countered but they could not budge). No open houses, all set up by appt. (a few of them last minute, but that's another thread LOL!) We are relocating in June and so are thinking about a small price drop around 5/1, though all feedback says the house shows very well and no indication that anyone thinks it is overpriced; there is just a lot of inventory at this price point...We have had a few people say "Top 3" or "interested but must sell own home before making offer"--nothing has come of these yet.

• dreamywhite
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well we sold after 39 DOM got $1900 less than asking price and we were asking high for our area. We close at the end of May. BUT we prayed every day several times a day and thanked him for our blessing to move forward.

• fixizin
    14 years ago

Not to be the Vice Principal who smacks you with a ruler, but without the LOCATION, including ZIP CODE, that you are selling in, this thread is nearly useless.

I mean a 2BR/1BA on a small lot for $399K? What So-Cal BEACHFRONT is that?

Seriously, zip codes, it's easy. Thank you for your support.

• chrisk327
    14 years ago

yes vice-principal sir!
    I am the offender, should have put it in there.

1100 sqft 2br 1 bath cape on 50x100, Diamond condition (really!) new kitchen and bath and redone everything else with granite etc. -listed at $399K

11793 zip. Wantagh NY. Sorry, not beachfront,5-10 minutes from the beach, just local market. I'm one of the cheapest houses in my town.

DOM 15 so far 2 decent offers probably had 12 people at open house, and 10 or so showings beside that.

• sonepi
    14 years ago

Hi chrisk327, you mentioned 2 decent offers, did you accept one? Are you holding out for closer to list price? Are you in a competitive area where it's still a seller's market? Of course, "Diamond" condition could make the sell of your home much easier than most. :-) Sounds like you'll have a sale soon. Congrats.

• kristiesin
    14 years ago

Okay.. and here is ours.

Days on Market.. 14
    Showings: 13
    (will be 14 if the one shows up today)
    No offers, have gotten ALL positive feedback, we know it is priced okay. We are in a desirable community
    Lake Stevens, WA 98258
    Least expensive house in the Development because we want to buy the house We already found!
    List price $269,500
    3bed/2bath 1500sq Beach Access and Private Beach Club on the Lake.

• lovelilies
    14 years ago

We're in the Boston 'burbs, in a very middling kind of town with average schools. Our 3-bed vacant 70's cape (most renovated except for one bathroom) listed in early Jan. for $349K. Had about 20 showings on the first weekend. Got one low-ball offer and 2 closer ones. The 2 closer ones ended up bidding against each other (unsolicited on our part--we countered the same to both, and their offer price just creeped up over the course of the day.) Sold for $356K in mid Feb. The inspection found no issues.

• Melissa Shelton
    14 years ago

Ok, here is ours:

Asking, 339K 4 Br, 3 1/2 bath, built in 1997. On golf course. Northern suburb of Indianapolis.

Accepted offer at 12 DOM at 329K but are renting it back from buyers so final price will be 328K.

Inspection will be soon....closing June 1st.

One broker's open, one open house (14 families). I lost track of showings but it is around 7 in the first week. One other family had three showings.

Cancelled 2nd open house due to accepted offer. Still received 3 calls after acceptance.

We were told that a lot of people are looking but many are afraid to buy because of job stability. Not many want to take the leap.

• kristiesin
    14 years ago

Update..
    Our House in Lake Stevens, Wa is pending inspection. We are set to close on May 28th.. Had another three showings over the weekend and have a person who wants to do a B/U offer. Sold for just about 4500k under asking price.. at 264,900.. we listed at 269,500.. and on the market less than 16 days.. I hope that is a sign of things improving.

• southernstitcher
    14 years ago

Selling my deceased mother's house. We've accepted an offer of $190K. Market appraisal in Aug showed value of $200k, and local appraiser told me this week values have not gone down in this area.
    As soon as our buyer's buyer signs their purchase agreement, which should happen today, we'll let them sign ours and begin with the new appraisal and inspection.

zip 70764, small town outside of Baton Rouge, LA
    2187 sq ft, 1920's well maintained solid cypress home, on large, prime, corner lot in garden district. Pool, many amenities.
    DOM = 84 -- only two lowball offers before this decent offer. 15 showings, no open house.
    The house does need kitchen and bath updates, and wallpaper removed, but other than that, it's an old beauty with hardwood throughout.

My fingers and toes are crossed, as the kitchen redo depends on this sale to start!

• need2sellqkly
    14 years ago

zip 45345

3 bed 1.5 bath cape cod, new cabinets, appliances, floor, recently redone hardwood floors, finished basement, lifetime waterproof warranty on basement, new half bath in basement. Brand new garage/pole barn.

120 CDOM
    2 open houses, zero guests.

8 appointment showings.

listed for 99,999. Was 105,900. Bought in 2000 for 99,900 and have put well over 20k in the place-all the updates listed above.
    Got an offer today of 80k...

Makes me sick to my stomach

• troyers
    14 years ago

35120 30 miles from Birmingham Alabama
    4bed/2 bath 3 years old 180K
    12 DOM
    0 Showings/calls, etc

• mjzman
    14 years ago

Zip 63020 - rural near St.Louis
    390 DOM (13 months) 4 showings no offers, two realtors

not quite 2 year old custom log home, 2500 sft, 2br- 2 1/2 bath on 9 acres.

Construction cost including land, but not including construction loan interest-- $425k (mostly mine).
    Listing price $349k.

• crazyone
    14 years ago

postal code t1p 1l3 (Canada)
    DOM 30
    showings - 0 other than realtor tour but have online vurtual tour
    10 years old 3300 sq ft on 3 levels 5 BR 3 1/2 bath
    list $489900.00

• txquickdraw
    14 years ago

Zip 78248 San Antonio Texas
    DOM 31/0 offers
    Showings 8 - all by appt
    Open house this Sunday
    4 bedroom 2.5 bath/ 1900 sf
    26 year old house/ updated
    feedback has all been positive
    list $207,500

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone gets negative feedback? Seems all they ever tell you is 'positive.' Must be something negative...no?

Jane

• jeremy11
    14 years ago

We actually closed yesterday (finally)

asking price: $129,000, sold for $121,000 plus we paid some of the closing costs and added a home warranty. Days on market was right at 6 months.

We had 2 offers, first one we took at $126,500 but their mortgage app fell apart. Put back on market and accepted second offer a few weeks later at $121,000+ other addins.

3 bed 2.5 bath in Knoxville tn. About 12-15 years old. Just put in a new 8ft privacy fence and other upgrades just to get more attention for it and help it sell (yes we took a loss, but at least its gone)

We had approx 15 showings in total over the 6 months before we got it sold.

I asked my realtor about feedback many times (by the way my realtor really sucked, she worked for the buyers it seemed more then she worked for me, and the buyers had their own agent!) Anyways, we did get feedback about painting one of the rooms that we had and another buyer had mentioned a loose railing at the top of the stairs. Nothing that we weren't able to fix for a few dollars and a couple hours on a weekend.

We did take a large loss on the home, only in it 2 and a half years and put in tons of upgrades but sadly the company I work for shutdown and we had to move to a new job I found. I was told without the upgrades it would still be on the market.