Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bone toilets or white????

Posted by lookn4idz (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 17:17

We have a house to sell that has a brand new shower / tub in bone .. it was originally installedl 12 years ago .. house was never occupied. I want to finish off and sell this place. I hired a decorator and she recommended a white toilet, not the bone, and a shower curtain to hide the tub/shower ... what do you think? The master bath has a bone jacuzzi tub, bone shower and no toilet ... so I figured I would have to go bone here and that was what she said but would you find it odd that the toilet is white and tub bone? or would you be glad the toilet is white so when you eventually change out the tub you wouldn't have to buy a new toilet? Everything is new.... and we can't afford to remove everything but need to work with what is here. Appreciate your comments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bone toilets or white????

I don't know-- a buyer is going to pull back the shower curtain and then see the toilet and shower don't match. To me that would be weirder than having it all in bone. It's not like they're pink or something super strange. I would go with a matching toilet.

o

matching bone toilet and a wall color, e.g. cream, beige, tan, light sage, and accessories that complement it. Unless it's right next to white, it probably isn't that obvious.

o

I would match the toilet to the tub also.

o

I also would match it.

o

And I'd be suspicious of that so-called "decorator".

o

I say match and go with bone. I would be more upset with finding out the toilet doesn't match the shower then I would be with a bone toilet. The new owners may not change out the bathrooms for awhile. I know a large amount of us GW's are obsessed with remodeling, decorating etc but some people don't care about that stuff and would be happier if it matched.

o

Match it and find a new decorator.

o

Looks weird if they don't match. Put up a shower curtain to hide the tub?? I hope you didn't pay this "decorator" yet. Show her the door. NancyLouise

o

I don't find anything so offensive about bone fixtures that I'd feel the need to change them out. Especially if they match everything else in the room.

o

Match it. If they want to redo the bath, the cost of a new toilet will be small in comparison to everything else.

o

I'm siding with the others - match them.

o

WOW!
Could be the first time that every poster on a GW thread have agreed!

o

Thanks for everyone's feedback. First decorator said match with the tub, 2nd decorator said don't ... she has apparently done tv redecorating shows too ... I was then more confused about what to do so I thought ... ask the folks who are potential buyers. thks for your time .. greatly appreciated.

o

"2nd decorator said don't ... she has apparently done tv redecorating shows too"...

There's the disconnect!

o

The current batch of tv decor shows are crap. Am I allowed to say that? I would never hire any of them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here