Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
potential buyer showed up yesterday out of the blue

Posted by fallingwaters (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 10 at 10:31

eek, this may happen and the house isn't even listed!
in fact, i've been interviewing builders and architects to plan for a big remodel next year, instead of trying to sell in this market.
this person has been a guest here before, and has expressed interest over the years. well now their house is on the market and they are serious about moving. my place is still their dream place, so i am scurrying around this morning picking the place up.
egads, what if they buy it?
given their interest, i think i'll just let them look around while i wait in the barn or something. the house is nice, but it's the land which is the big draw--and that speaks for itself i guess.
wish me luck?!
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: potential buyer showed up yesterday out of the blue

Oh I remember pics of your land. It is beautiful!! I hope it will all work the way you want whether that is selling or remodeling.

o

Don't let anyone just go thru your house--just because--Make sure all valuables are locked up, as pres meds etc. They really should be with their agent. Not knowing your area, are they really interested, or just looking hoping you will "give" the place away. Good luck, and be careful.

o

Geez... they have known the owner for a while and they have been a guest in the house already.
No need to act like strangers are out to rob you....

o

This could be really nice for both parties. If you do want to sell, I'd suggest getting an independent appraisal for the value of your place. I don't know if you're fine with a price that both you and this potential buyer think is "fair" or if you really want top-dollar, but the appraisal will give you some idea for a dollar price. And, yes, best of luck!

o

That's how we sold our last house Fallingwaters --
Good luck to you!

o

My cousin bought her house almost twenty years ago that way. There was a house with great curb appeal that she and her hubby admired for a long, long time. When they were getting ready to sell their too-small house she put a note in the great curb appeal house's mail box and ask if they'd be interested in selling. And they just so happened to be! Turns out the house was as nice as she'd hoped on the inside and she and her husband still live there. Isn't it nice to know that your house has been calling to someone?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here