Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Short sale question

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 1:14

If we are interested in a short sale and offers have been made, can my RA find out what the offers are?

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Short sale question

Nope

o

Thanks Linda, wishful thinking on my part -

Jane

o

Jane, you are not alone. EVERYONE, ALWAYS, wants to know what the other offer is. I'm pretty sure thats why its secret. If you knew, you could beat it by $1, if they knew, they could beat you by $1. Thats why they say, put it your final and best.

Short sales are listed below market value and there is no guarantee the bank will even accept it. If you have looked around at enough houses, you will know if the asking price is a good price. It seems to be getting better, but in my area, some of the agents are putting ridiculous prices on short sales, (way too low) getting peoples hopes up too high and in the end, it doesnt happen.

If you really want the house, have your agent do a CMA and put the offer in for true market value. You should be higher then any of the current offers and you'll have a better chance of getting the home at a great price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here