o
just a thank you

Posted by kiki_thinking (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 1:03

we moved away 3 years ago,
sold our house (finally) 10 months ago
and have been looking for a home for almost 3 years
have spent the last 3 months waiting to close on a house

so although i haven't posted too much, i've been reading this forum and the old house forum a lot for 3 years -

we bought a house last week -

just wanted to say thank you for all the things i learned from you guys!

we were often despondent because our house had not sold, and constantly searching for something to make the house more attractive, the magic thing we could fix/improve/arrange, but in the end it was just a matter of waiting for the right buyer to come along (helped by some agressive marketing) anyway, someday your buyer will come (sung to a disney tune)

thanks!
k

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just a thank you

You are SO right! I just moved to a new place after selling my old one, one which when the realtor saw it, was expected to sit forever not because of anything I did to it, but because of its unique nature and age. Unique does not even describe how completely peculiar it was - at the time I thought it would be fun to live in it and had grandiose ideas about remodelling - and how no one would ever buy it again (age had caught up with and passed 'unique'). Well, one week after it went on the market (and after I had resigned myself to having to live there forever) the agent showed the place to a young couple with two toddlers, came back 30 mins later and gave me an offer I could not believe! They wanted the place (very much) for a very special type of business, and it apparently was perfect for that! Talk about luck, timing, and "all it takes is the right one"! It can happen, and for me (and Kiki here) it did, so don't give up!

o

Huh. May I ask what type of business your old house now holds? I'm curious (and nosy) do you have pictures of this "peculiar" home?

o

A welder, his wife & 2 children. He is starting a new business with a friend. I have pix, but they either show just my 'normal' big front room, big kitchen, 2 beds plus bath, or the unfinished 1,300 sq' of ex-commercial space at the back that I orig. thought could be a gallery (or something else cool), but the expense to do it up plus heating costs was just more than I could deal with (I only paid the appropriate local mkt price for the 'house' part of it - the rest was kind of thrown in! However, with a husky to house, and the remains of a decades long marriage, I thought it was neat, but the location otherwise wasn't for me, so here I am in the new place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here