Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie100_gw

would this cause you to rescind your offer?

susie100
10 years ago

Long story short: sold my condo about a month ago; houses in my area in my price range (about $100K) are in short supply. I looked at a likely prospect Monday (first day house was listed); liked it; wanted to get a contractor to go in and tell me difficulty/cost of moving laundry upstairs from basement. Tuesday, realtor calls and says there is another offer on this property, so I said I would like to make an offer contingent upon getting laundry upstairs, inspection, the usual suspects. Made offer today and asked to view house again, which we did after offer was made and paperwork filled out. It rained very hard today. Of course, you see things on second showing you did not see at first. Today there was standing water in the basement and I noticed long horizontal cracks in the foundation, all sides. I can afford to buy the house, but I don't think I can address what I perceive as a lot of present and potentially worsening problems. What would you do? I really liked the house itself; very charming.

Comments (5)