Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tricks for selling your house

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 23:13

Add your thoughts and ideas here.

I had sod laid out at my new house a few days ago. The guys told me it was dormant and would stay brown for another month or two. I commented that the sod that was put down at the house down the street a week ago was already greening up and I expected mine to do the same. Anyway, I learned that the greenness of the sod was because it had been seeded with a winter grass. (Fescue I think.) This grass will look nice until the burmuda comes in and then it will die in the heat of the summer. I thought that was a pretty neat idea for these homes that are going on the market for spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tricks for selling your house

We had yellow rings in our yard from dog urine. I bought a grass dye over the internet and would go out and spray it on the yellow grass to make it blend in the rest of the lawn.

Yellow flowers show up better from the street than other colors.

o
RE: Tricks for selling your house

I thought of another idea. Plant nice scented flowers like a rose near your doors so people smell that when entering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here