Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
realtor revenge?

Posted by deanie1 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 5, 10 at 23:07

When we bought our new home a few months ago we ended up unhappy with the realtor, his partner, and the agency in general and decided not to use this same agency again to sell our current home. The realtor we used was the broker for the agency.

I am wondering if realtors get back at people who fire them by discouraging buyers from looking at or buying their houses. This was a big, popular agency in our smallish town and I am worried that I've been blackballed by these people -- or is this paranoid?? I've only had two showings in two weeks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: realtor revenge?

Have you familiarized yourself with your competition? Buyers are really wanting "Value" these days, and it's not enough just to be on par or level with your competition. If you are offering more and asking less and not getting much activity, this may be a bit of a concern.

It's certainly distressing to have a rift with anyone, least of all a person of high influence in an arena you're competing in. But if your core value position is solid, you'll still do fine--yes, most buyers listen to their Realtors, but in the end, they make their own decisions.

o

Two showings in two weeks isn't necessarily terrible in this economic climate.

o

I think that economics, even in that situation, is the driving force. If you work on a commission ........doesn't it sound tempting to show those properties on which you stand to make a full commission first?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here