Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lecorbeau

considering selling

K
10 years ago

Hi, all,

I'm in the piedmont of NC and am thinking of putting the house on the market. Can anyone advise me if one particular season is better than another? I have several projects that will need to be done to put the house in show condition, so I will miss the spring market. Is it worth waiting until next spring (I have the time), if I can get it in top form?

Thanks.
k.

Comments (3)

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

Although Carolina is not my area, in general, if the home buying market is for families with school-aged children, the market for homes generally stays strong until around the time the fall school year begins. If your target market is couples, many areas can stretch until around mid-to-late September. But there are quirks in many markets. You can check for how sales ran last year to get a better idea of your local trend.

• K
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Gyr Falcon. I'll try to find those numbers.
    kat

• ncrealestateguy
    10 years ago

Carolina Kate,
    I usually advise my clients to sell when the time is right for them, and then play the market as a second priority. The thing with waiting until Spring to sell because that is when there are more buyers out, is that there are a lot more sellers out on the market too! It is pretty much a wash, oddswise.
    If you are close to the Charlotte area, I can run those #s for you.