Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raya7694

New to Selling-How to market

raya7694
14 years ago

This is the first home I have sold with a realtor. I really like my realtor and we have great communication. I am just clueless on what to ask for. My house is on multiple real estate sites, flyers in the box. What else should I be doing to get traffic in? Sign at end of street? My house is in move in condition just need to get people in it.

We just put it on the market this week.

Comments (4)

• raya7694
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: House link

• mariend
    14 years ago

If you are going to show your house like this, the agent should take off all the other houses she listed. Too much confusion, unless she does not care about selling your home.

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

I didn't check out your comps so I don't know how you are on price.

You need to take the family photos down. They look nice, but you don't want the house to reflect your family any more. You need someone else to be able to envision themselves there. You might replace some photos like the focal point in the dining room with a nice looking art piece.

The baseball player in the living room needs to be taken down.

I'd ask for new pictures on the realtor website. These pictures don't show your house well.

The first picture needs to be taken at a different angle. The garage and driveway shouldn't be the focal point.

I'd remove the picture in the entryway. It's not good and shows that you have a vent in an awkward place.

The blinds need to be adjusted or closed in several pictures.

I'd remove the second photo of the kitchen. I think the previous picture shows off the room better.

Is picture #10 your master? I think the photo needs to be taken from more of an angle. The bedding needs to be tucked in at the bottom. If it were me, I would use a less patterned bedding and add several pillows or something to make the room look more inviting. You might even try switching the bed and the dresser around and then snap a few pictures to see if it would look better. This may not be how you normally live, but if it sells the pace, then it is worth it.

I don't like the bathroom shot, but it is a hard room to photograph. Fixing the blinds so the light and shadows aren't affecting the picture would help.

I'd remove the picture of the towel in the bathroom. It isn't a good picture and focuses on the towel not the features of the room.

My second grader would love the Star Wars bedroom. I would remove the camouflage thing and the thing on the floor in the corner and then retake the picture.

I'd get the toys and wheelbarrow out of the yard picture.

It looks like you've gone to a lot of effort cleaning and decluttering. I think better pictures and a few minor adjustments will show off the house better.

Good luck! I hope you have a quick and painless sale.

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Check your local ordinances (or your agent should know them) about the number and times that you can put out directional signs. In my county, we were allowed 3 signs and only on weekends and holidays. We, the homeowners, put them up and took them down; the agent supplied the signs.

Good job with making the house look spacious. Agent could have taken better photos. The all-important front of the house photo looks like you are selling a garage with a house attached to it. The photographer was fighting the sun, but that's no excuse - get him back out or take photos yourself.