Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Coop vs condo question

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 18:10

Is there a search engine for coops? How do you find them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Coop vs condo question

You could try googling "housing co-operative (city)" to get some results. It worked for my city.

P.S. you use the internet, so I guess you just used the term "search engine" by mistake. :-)

o

I meant a website that distinguishes coops separately, much like the way you can screeen for condos on realtor.com. I have found some by separate google searches, and luck, and in Chicago because I know Chicago. But I was hoping for something better.

o

I've been using Trulia.com. When you come to the home page, in the search area, click on the type of property you are looking for, condo, coop, etc.

I put a price range and zip code. When the list comes up, if I see some I like, I click on 'follow' or 'alert'. Then if there are any price changes they send you an alert with the price change.

I find it works well. I also use a Realtor website called Listingbook. I don't think it is available in all areas. I know they don't use it in Florida. I like Listingbook because you can get more info such as sales in the area, taxes and maintenance charges. But you need to get that through your agent.

Trulia is really good and gets you started seeing what's around in your area.

Jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Trulia.com

o

FYI ... Condos are far more prevalent than Co-ops. So you might not even find co-ops in many places.

o

What is the difference between a condo and a coop?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here