Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

How do I set a price for FSBO?

amysrq
15 years ago

I am getting ready to sell my townhouse in an area with a very thin market. Not much for sale and very few condos similar to ours. So, it's pretty tough to do comps.

One unit did sell last year for 219,000. It was not as good a building, had no improvements, but it had a detached garage. I am in a better building, have a bunch of improvements and all new appliances.

We are considering FSBO and my neighbor, who rents, is interested in buying, too. I'd want to set a fair price for him, but I am just not sure how to do that. If we go FSBO, I assume I need to mark the price up a bit so there's room to come down.

Can I get an appraiser in to hep me with pricing? I do not feel right calling in realtors to do comps when I think I may not use them.

I know there are lots of folks who think FSBO is a mistake, but part of me wants to give it a try. OTOH, I wonder if a realtor might be able to get a bit more for the place making it a wash to pay the commission.

The place will show well. I staged and sold successfully last year in FL. We don't live there so it will stay clean. I have the time to show the house. All in all, I think we're good candidates for FSBO...I just don;t know where to set the price.

Thanks for any and all input....even any efforts to talk me out of this! :-)

Comment (1)