Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan

Posted by dave_donhoff (dwdonhoff@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Mar 4, 09 at 14:58

Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan

Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (Fact Sheet)

Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (Exec Summary)

OK... this just chafes & worries me significantly. Pretty much the whole thing is becoming a direct cash-drip to the banking industry (not even into the actual consumer market...) and NOT any kind of fundamental shift in the legal or regulatory basis of the underlying markets themselves.

The banking industry is going to distort dramatically... and pretty much guaranteed NOT toward balance & stability. Unintended consequences will abound. I can already "hear" hedge fund schemers wringing their hands at the opportunity cracks being created by these interventions... and when we have another "retirement account blowup" due to the collapsing of these 'investment' schemes, fingers will point at "the free markets" when this is all being created artificially and unecessarily.

FURTHER... while the language used vilifies "speculators and flippers"... this completely ignores the backstopping FUNDAMENTAL INVESTORS that buy & hold for honest market values & revenues. This "plan" is feeding cash to the wrong party (the banks) to protect the wrong beneficiary (the owner who needs to revert to renter) and ignoring the ONE "saving player" (the fundamental buyer.)

This looks like trouble.

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan

Sorry, could not get into either sheet etc. But speaking from my viewpoint only, I would expect banks to stop lending to people who cannot afford it, stop expecting us (taxpayers) to bail them out, stop selling the loans 20 times over again so no one knows who really owns my loan, better customer service withing the branches, so I do not have to call people who only know what they have been told to answer of the sheet of questions in front of them, speak English, are in this country, and start treating people like we really do know what we are talking about.
Been retired from the banking system, where we knew our customers, could talk to them and could help them out, not just give them a toll free number.

o

OKAY... let's try this again, and I'll include the raw URL also;

Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan - Fact Sheet
http://www.treas.gov/initiatives/eesa/homeowner-affordability-plan/FactSheet.pdf
Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan - Fact Sheet

Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan - Exec Summary
http://www.treas.gov/initiatives/eesa/homeowner-affordability-plan/ExecutiveSummary.pdf
Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan - Exec Summary

o

Here's a fun bumpersticker;

Here is a link that might be useful: HONK!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here