Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gxlafari

Hello from Canada!

gxlafari
11 years ago

Hi there!

I've been lurking for a while and would love to get feedback on our townhome for sale that we are selling ourselves. We've had it up for a couple of months now and rejected two really low offers. You can see the listing here: http://grapevine.ca/listing/38129. I haven't seen any posts from other Canadians, but let me know if you're out there! :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

• lyfia
    11 years ago

Looks like a nice place, but why show the road behind you in the pictures? Doesn't seem like a good feature to me.

• gxlafari
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We thought it would be best to be up front about it. That way, people who don't want a road behind them won't waste our time (or theirs) with showings. That's our thinking, but I'm certainly open to hearing other thoughts.

• lyfia
    11 years ago

Got ya. Not sure on that one though unless you already priced lower than the competition with the road in mind. It is often thought if you have one detractor like that to pull in people and have them fall in love with the house and then they might overlook it. If they look up your address on a map they should see the road right.

If you decide to keep it, how about just one picture of it instead of the multiple ones.

• gxlafari
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I actually did just that. :) I kept up one picture and took down the others. After I did that, someone called and arranged a showing for this afternoon, so here's hoping.

• jane__ny
    11 years ago

Very pretty home. I don't see anything which would keep me from looking. Without knowing the area, the price seems very reasonable.

You should have no problem selling,

Good luck,
    Jane

• gxlafari
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jane. :) It's been stagnant for a while, but we had a showing yesterday and another one set for today. Fingers crossed!

• OttawaGardener
    11 years ago

I'm in Ottawa too. Nice townhouse, seems like a good price for Barrhaven. Any offers?

I'm a bit confused about the flooring option (**Choose your own flooring.**). Are you offering to replace all the carpet with hardwood? If so, wouldn't that cost $20,000+?

• gxlafari
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi! We've had two really low offers. We have a range in mind which we think is reasonable and we're not in a big hurry to sell.

We're offering to put in hardwood on the main floor. We've costed that out so it won't be a big hit. We're going to go ahead and do it ourselves in the next few weeks if we don't have an offer since it seems to be the trend these days. But I was hoping buyers would be more keen to install their own choice, you know?

Anyway, we're back in a stagnant spot again in terms of showings. It's really frustrating because we'll have a showing and people will seem really enthusiastic and then we don't hear back from them. The emotional roller-coaster is tough, but hopefully someone will fall in love with it soon.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio