Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threedoghouse_gw

Protecting grass during move

threedoghouse
14 years ago

I'm moving in to a townhouse condo in early May. The best way to move items into the lower floor will be from the street (private street, OK to park) up a 15 foot grass slope (maybe 2 feet vertical change) and in through the back sliding door. Using this entrance will save hours (which equals $) of truck unloading time, but I'm concerned about destroying the grass and annoying my new neighbors. I'd love some suggestions for a cheap way to protect the grass, keep the dirt from being tracked in, and give the moving guys some traction up the slope.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• limoncello
    14 years ago

A canvas tarp should work just fine.

• mariend
    14 years ago

If they are a good moving company, they should know how to protect both the property inside and out. Check with the HOA if you have one. Canvas should work, if it does not get wet or slippery.

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

Exactly same thing happened to us a month ago. We moved to a Townhouse where the first floor was up a full flight of stairs. The back sliders were on the ground. I told the movers they could carry everything around the side, up a slope to the sliders. The ground was covered with snow. After they got to the Townhouse, they decided it would be better all around to carry everything up the stairs.

Leave it up to the movers.

Jane