Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using a Realtor selling siblings unit located in my complex

Posted by David-TypeS (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 10:58

I am in the process of selling my CONDO in my complex and found a good realtor last week. This week while I was chatting with her, she explained that she was selling another CONDO in my complex and it BELONGED TO HER DAUGHTER.

My Unit is a different floor plan and about 100sqft bigger; however, I am pricing it in the same range as this other unit.

I have an appointment to sign a SELLERS contract this Friday and having second thoughts about using a realtor who is selling a relative's unit in my complex.

Do you all think this would benefit me? She could show both our units at the same time and give the buyers a chance to view 2 different floor plans.

On the other hand, I am worried that she will try to sell the other unit before mine.

Any insight and assistance would be helpful...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using a Realtor selling siblings unit located in my complex

As there is no way to know if the REA would do this or not, perhaps your better bet is to simply find another agent.

IMO, as she did not disclose this info when you first met, you may want to consider that when you make your decision.

o

If she met my criteria for an agent; I would sign a contract but put an unhappy clause in it just in case you're not happy.

The thing is that she probably won't be the one showing either apartment & if she does; she may not show yours because you didn't go with her.

o

I imagine she is probably won't be making a full commission off the sale of her daughter's place. So, she'll have more financial incentive to sell your place first. Perhaps?

If you otherwise like the agent, I'd probaby stick with her.

o

If your condo is bigger & laid out differently, it'll appeal to a different buyer from her daughter's condo.

If you like this Realtor, sign up;
every time she shows yours, she'll show her daughter's, & *every time she shows her daughter's, she'll show yours.*

I wish you the best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here