Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triciae_gw

Mortgage Scam - Please Read

triciae
15 years ago

I'm posting the email I received from my US Congressmen as a 'Head's Up' to anybody that might either receive a call from these folks or see one of their signs. It's a SCAM! I don't know whether this company is operating in other states besides CT but beware...I imagine there's lots more of these happening than this company.

Dear Patricia,

During difficult times, we must be vigilant against those who would prey on the vulnerable.

Last week, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and I joined to announce that families in Connecticut, including a family in our own Town of Ashford, were alleged victims of a scheme to bilk families out of their hard-earned homes.

Stefanie Plank of Ashford, and her husband, notified me about HOPE Alliance, a company that charged an upfront fee and advised the family to stop paying their monthly mortgage. The selling point - HOPE Alliance would negotiate a better mortgage deal on behalf of the family. So, while the Plank family had previously never missed a payment until their brush with the allegedly fraudulent HOPE Alliance, the bank ultimately foreclosed on their home.

After hearing the Planks' story, I immediately notified Attorney General Blumenthal who placed a 'cease and desist' order on the HOPE Alliance and also has officially requested more information on the company's operations.

Homeowners in Connecticut are concerned about their futures and many are concerned about how they will make the next mortgage payment because of other unforseen fiscal challenges. However, it is important that those who may have questions or concerns contact only reputable assistance programs.

My office is always available to anwer your questions, so please do not hesitate to contact my District Office in Norwich at (860) 886-0139 or in Enfield at (860) 741-6011.

Sincerely,

Joe Courtney

Creeps come out of the woodwork in times like these...

/tricia