Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Las Vegas, NV

Posted by mugnaini (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 6:58

Wife and I are thinking about retiring in Las Vegas. Tired of cold, snow, humidity, etc. We have a Soph in HS and a Freshman in College, so looking to move in area with decent HS, University, libraries, etc. Any advice as to what zip code we should concentrate on? Also, any general advice about living/retiring in Las Vegas? Other that high heat, are there other weather phenomena we should be concerned with? Appreciate your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Las Vegas, NV

It can also be cold and windy.
If you are considering buying soon, carefully look at neighborhoods since there are so many vacant bank owned houses. You don't want to buy in a depressed neighborhood, but on second thought I don't know how you'd avoid that either. Just carefully look at all the details, if there is a HOA, look at the restrictions and finances.

o

Thanks. Any specific areas we should focus our search on?

o

Check schools, medical facilities. I use to live 3 hours out of there, never would I choose to live there. Where are you now and remember every state has good and bad areas.

o

How does your Soph in HS feel about moving at this age? I can understand you wanting to buy now--housing cost is low. But, really? Moving your soph? Do you move a lot (military or something--so it wouldn't be any big deal)? If not, I might consider buying now to take advantage of RE "deals", but not move my soph. Stay put until he/she is finished with HS, then you can move where you want/where is good for retirees.

o

Our Soph would welcome the move. We have done research on las vegas market; can get homes for good price, but there is a LOT of inventory and I dont know where to focus search. Looking for good HS and proximity to university. Anyone out there that lives in lv?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here