Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Tub Room

Posted by dreambuilder (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 0:22

I have an upcoming home inspection on this house featured in the picture. Should I call in a hot tub service person or rely on the home inspector? This hot tub is dropped into a floor in a sunroom making it extremely difficult to get out if something goes wrong with it. Also, looking for ways to make it look more updated--should I sand the cedar walls and stain darker?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Tub Room

I can't answer which inspector to get, but for updating, I think I'd stick to accessories and make it look "spa like". Despite how convenient it probably is, I'd make the shelves/tv/boombox disappear somewhere. Hang some white fluffly towels. Swap out the plastic chair for a wooden bath stool. Also, there's bamboo bath mats and ones made of pebbles, I think that's the vibe to go for.

o

Most people would use it's presence as a negotiating tactic for money off because most wouldn't consider it a plus at all. They are huge energy hogs and the moisture issues they create also aren't great for a home. Unless you really really love it, and would buy it for the house if it lacked it, plan on ripping it out. An ad on craigslist and it's gone. No problem.

o

Ah! An area in which I have extensive experience, yay.

Ok, first order of business: how do we access the under surface of our tub, and what is underneath the tub?

o

Home inspectors don't inspect hot tubs. You will need someone who knows hot tubs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here