Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
66and76

A Blessing in Disguise

66and76
14 years ago

We have been completing projects around the house this winter in preparation for listing it in the spring----IF the market picks up. We thought the roof might last another two years.

Two weeks ago, after a heavy rain storm, we noticed water stains on the ceilings of three of the rooms at the back of the house.

After having the roof inspected by three local roofers, they ALL said we needed the old roof replaced but there was not significant hail damage to warrant an insurance claim.

Well, we thought, it's worth a try. So, we called our insurance adjuster. The roof was appraised for hail damage. Lo and behold, the adjuster said the entire roof had to be replaced due to hail damage and our insurance would cover all of the costs!

The majority of the damage was done in a huge storm 9 months ago. We were not aware of it at that time.

I just thought I would pass this story on to any of you who might have insured hail damage. As I understand it, in our state, a claim has to be made within ONE year of the damage. We almost missed out.

We are thrilled to have a new roof, especially since it will help us to sell our house if we proceed in the spring.