Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nkey_gw

altisource.com and REO questions

nkey
13 years ago

Hi!

I am new to this board, as well as the home buying business so I'm in the process of educating myself, if any of my questions seems stupid or out of place, please excuse me:)

Me and my husband recently decided to look for a house. In the process on zillow we found a house listed by altisource.com. It is cheaper than everything else in the aria and I believe the website lists REO properties only. I tried requesting a showing through their website but all I got was an indian (according to internet they are outsourcing most of their doings in India)guy kindly telling me to log on the website and get the lock box code and view the house??? When I tried, the website told me I cannot get the code as I am not an agent. I asked our Realtor (someone we have worked with very little and is starting to sound a little fishy) she said it's off the market but she'll contact them anyway to get us a showing. NO news ever since, and she ignores my questions when I ask about that property.

So, I guess my questions are, first, what's the deal with altisource.com, how do I go about getting a showing, are they trustworthy, so on.

Second, if it's a REO will our realtor still get a commission if we sign? is there any reason she might not want to help us with it(aside from the lower price)?

Thanks for reading my little rant!

Comments (2)