Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clerkshipwanted

HELP! Photoshop ok?

housebuilder14
10 years ago

FSBO but hired a professional photographer. I broke a ceiling light fixture last night and cannot get it replaced before my photographs tomorrow. If I cancel I have to pay some large cancellation fee. The fixture is ceiling mounted - can the photographer just photoshop out the broken fixture by coloring it over in white (the color of the ceiling???). I can't not have a picture of this room - its my MBathroom

Comments (11)

• ncrealestateguy
    10 years ago

You can photoshop immaterial items, like the color of the sky, but can not add, delete, or change material facts.
    At least, that is what I have been told.

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

Just ask the photographer to aim lower to miss the light fixture. He'll understand.

• weedyacres
    10 years ago

Things we photoshopped:
    --a wire on a tower across the street and far away, that, from the camera angle looked like it was coming into the house. They removed it.
    --the driveway, which was splotchy from hosing it off and being partially dry. They photoshopped to make it look 100% wet.

Things we didn't photoshop:
    --The brown landscaping
    --Anything on the house itself

I don't see a big issue with photoshopping out a broken light. It wouldn't be much different than aiming so it's not in the shot, or pulling it out of the way. Or moving furniture for a photo, and then putting it back in place for the showing. Photoshopping IN a light would be a problem.

• wagnerpe
    10 years ago

I was just looking at a local real estate listing and came across something I'd never seen before:

Look at the very bottom under listing information. it says - some property photos virtually staged.

Interesting . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing

• C Marlin
    10 years ago

mamattorney, I think it is now your job to go view the place and tell us what it look like in person.

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

For 2.2M, they couldn't *actually* stage it?

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

I think they had someone put in the furniture, exercise equipment, etc. over photos of the bare house.

Cheaper than actually staging it.

• wagnerpe
    10 years ago

kirkhall - that's what I said to myself! Here the OP was worried about a broken light fixture that was going to be replaced just not in time for the photographer to take pictures, and this house, for all anyone knows, could have been completely empty when it was listed.

I don't think it's concerning for this particular house because all the rooms are a good size, but I could see fiddling with the proportions of fake furniture in another house that would make it look much, much bigger than it is. If you see a queen size bed in a picture, you presume the room can fit a queen size bed, etc.

• C Marlin
    10 years ago

The more odd comment is: Sale Price Includes Parking

• C Marlin
    10 years ago

oops double post

This post was edited by cmarlin20 on Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 13:35

• natebear zone 10B
    10 years ago

Yes, you can photoshop out the light fixture.

mamattorney, I think photoshop staging sounds like a good idea!