Fighting against Foreclosure

Posted by dave_donhoff (dwdonhoff@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 15:22

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=12195482

STEPS TO FOLLOW

A. If your lender has already filed suit to foreclose on your home:

1. Use the first form. Itís a fill-in-the-blank legal request to your lender asking that the original note be produced, before it can proceed with the foreclosure. In some jurisdictions, the courts require the original request to be filed with the clerk of court and a copy of the request to be sent to the attorney representing the lender. To find out the rules where you live, call the Clerk of Court in your jurisdiction.

"Request For Production of Document" - Legal Template
http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/legal-request-template.doc
"Request For Production of Document" - Legal Template

2. If the lenderís attorney does not respond within 30 days, file a motion to compel with the court and request that the court set a hearing on your motion. That, in effect, asks the judge to order the lender to produce the documents.

"DEFENDANTíS MOTION TO COMPEL" template
http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/motion-to-compel-template.doc
"DEFENDANTíS MOTION TO COMPEL" template

3. The judge will issue a ruling at your hearing. Many judges around the country are becoming more sympathetic to homeowners, because of the prevalence of predatory lending and servicing. In the past, many lenders have relied upon using lost note affidavits, but in many cases, thatís no longer enough to satisfy the judge. They are holding the lender to the letter of the law, requiring them to produce evidence that they are the true owners of the note.

Read LOTS more at the following link!
http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/2008/06/19/produce-the-note-how-to/
How to use the "Produce The Note" demand

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fighting against Foreclosure

Dave, thanks for the great information. You are such a wealth of knowledge. I hope this will help at least a few homeowners.

o

You guys misunderstood. Gammyt meant the processed meat, thinking this was a recipe forum.

Eventually the lender will come up with something so this really just delays the inevitable. Another tactic is to file a dispute when the bank dings your credit. The credit agency is not supposed to allow a derogatory under dispute. I have a friend trying this for some income property and the credit bureau is saying itís between her and the lender. The ding remains. Whether this does anything or not, again, it wonít change the ultimate outcome.

o

quote" Dave, thanks for the great information. You are such a wealth of knowledge. I hope this will help at least a few homeowners. "quote

Your an INCREDIBLE asset to this forum. I've learned quite a bit from your replies.

I have a couple of friends and a few families I've built pools for in the pre-foreclosure position.
This is great information that they can all utilize to assist them in their predicament.

Thanks.

See ya,
Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here