Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
[OT] Dagny's eTribute

Posted by dave_donhoff (dwdonhoff@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 13:46

[OT] Dagny's eTribute

Hi friends. Once again, apologies for bringing a very personal & emotional post to our otherwise somber & non-emotional financial community (oh wait... I was forgetting all the regular political nonsense noise... guess my apology's only for making this so intimately personal ;~)

Photos mostly by me, some by Joanne, Laulau, or Winnie,
Back-scape = Lake WA sunset from my deck
Dag's birthday (a doc)
Dag & Dad napping (Laulau)
Dag sussing us out (Dave)
Mom looking happy (Dave)
3 generations (Dave)
Dag yawning (Winnie)
Dad & Dag (Mom)
Dag dreaming (Mom)
Dad's love at first hug (Mom)

Web magic by Liz Rickaby

Poetry by Sherene Kershner (who's likely lurking around here somewhere,)

Music & lyrics by Brian Wilson

Handprints, Love & Life by Dagny Han Donhoff

GardenWebber's eCard at the following link:
http://www.Donhoff.com/card.php?password=k85oatkuhe
(turn your speakers up! Work-safe, unless you're a big baby, like me...)

PS. we'll be having an upbeat/inspirational memorial & living celebration in Kirkland WA on Sat. Feb. 28th... our intention is to have it really be a positive thing for all who attend/participate. We already have many friends with toddlers who knew (or knew of) "Dave's baby" and my intention is for an event that will have even the KIDS feeling good about our life stages and their meanings. If you're nearby, have a kid, ARE a kid, or wish you were... and would like to join us (don't really have to have ever piped up online before... prior lurkers very welcome,) just let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWebber's eCard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: [OT] Dagny's eTribute

Dave,

You have mail.

/tricia

o

Dave, thanks for sharing that tribute...God Bless!!!

qdognj

o

Dave, a beautiful and amazing tribute for a beautitful and amazing child...

Still, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

o

That was lovely. Thank you for sharing with us.

o

Lovely, and so sweet.

Tears welled up in my eyes the moment the music started.

o

That was beautiful!

o

Wow...I'm amazed that I can feel so emotional over someone I've never "known"....

Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself and your cherished ones....

o

What a beautiful celebration of Dagny's life! You show how very much she is loved!
I have not met you, but I will be there to celebrate in my heart.

thank you.

o

Thank you.

Dee

o

Just Beautiful!

o

Dave, never apologize for your deep feelings--they are what make us all human & connected.
What a beautiful tribute for such a beautiful little girl.
Your love for her is everlasting. There is one picture of you & your sweet Dagny and you can just see the connection in both of your eyes. That bond will never be broken. Keeping you & your dear wife & family in Special Thoughts & Prayers.

"A Flower is not wasted because it lasted only a season....or because only one person saw it." ~~ anon.

o

Dave, Thanks for sharing, the pictures and poem are beautiful. Many thoughts of peace for you and your family.

Emma (Redmond)

o

Thank you for sharing a little piece of Dagny with all of us. Though she was with you for only a short time, she holds a special place in all our hearts. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

o

Love ...... pure love!!!

You were blessed!

Robyn

o

What a cutie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

What a precious "little surfer girl." And what a beautiful, moving tribute to your princess that speaks to our hearts of how very, very much Dagny will always be loved and treasured.

o

What a beautiful tribute to a very special little girl. May God bless you and your family

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here