Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viruse From Gardenweb

Posted by ncrealestateguy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 10:58

Anyone else getting viruses coming directly from Gardenweb the last week? I am. Thankfully my AVG protection is blocking them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viruse From Gardenweb

Nothing so far, maybe AVAST got it or Earthlink?

o

Yes, it happened yesterday. Anti-virus caught it, but it kept popping up. Cleared all my history, cookies, etc and then cleared virus from the file it was in. Everything seems to be working now and no more pop up warnings about same virus.

o

Not that I noticed and everything *seems* to be working fine. Operative word *seems*...... will run a scan anyway.

o

Not a virus....but that darn FIKA add that keeps popping up on the right hand side of the screen keeps freezing up my internet browser! I've had to shut down and restart so many times I'm about to stop coming here...

Does anyone know how to contact GW and let them know of the problems with the ad? (I'm assuming GW would care....perhaps I'm being overly optimistic. Ha-ha.)

o

Try firefox with ad-block, or on a mac get something like glimmerblocker. No more ads, no more underlined text, etc.

o

Same thing happened to me. I think I was on Firefox when it came up. The AVG got it and I quarantined it. Don't know if it was a false alarm or a real virus.

o

Yep, Firefox with AdBlock Plus solved all the GW annoying ad problems for me.

o

I also use Firefox with AdBlock. No more sidebar ads. Works great. NancyLouise

o

It's not a virus, and it's not Garden Web.
It's AVG. And it's a false positive.

Regards,
Shax

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help Forum

o

Thanks Shaxhome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here