Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Typical Home Inspections for Lexington KY

Posted by lov2garden (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 9:11

My friend moved and is about to buy a house in Lexington KY zip 40509 in Andover Forest. What kinds of Home Inspections should she be getting? I know there are certain common issues that vary from region to region. Aside from the usual overall home inspection, should she get one for mold? (It does have a full basement). Structural? Chimney? Radon? Soil? A separate HVAC inspection? It is an older home.

Every area has its quirks but we don't know anything or anyone in that area to ask.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Typical Home Inspections for Lexington KY

after moving to Ky from the north, i noticed that termite and bug damage is important. other than that, the usual radon, and of course, the inspector should be lokking at all the houses systems like hvac, electrical, plumbing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here