Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamaraz_gw

should you use the sellers agent?

jamaraz
13 years ago

Hi. I was not actively in the process of looking for a home but stumbled across a property I really liked. In order to buy the home, I would have to sell my house. I need as much cash as possible and I am looking for the smoothest transaction as possible. I haven't done a walk through of the property yet (just a driveby/internet).

Should I go to see the house with my own realtor or should I try and negotiate a deal to buy new house/sell my house with the sellers agent? I was thinking they would be the agent with the most vested interest to sell both properties as quickly/smoothly as possible.

My current home is 30 years old with many recent updates. However, I get the market dictates what my "model" is worth - regardless of upgrades. I'm pretty realistic to the low end market price for my home. It's more of a question for the high end price vs. time on the market.

The only reason to sell my house is to buy this specific house. The new house isn't my dream house but it is a chance to get into a desirable neighborhood at a good price. I'm looking to get the lowest realtor fees possible. Do you think the sellers agent has more incentive or should I go in with my own agent?

Comments (4)