Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I search a specific neighborhood on realtor.com?

Posted by jane_d_1950 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 22:58

On Zillow, I can put in my county and then find the map so I can search specific neighborhoods. How can I do that with realtor.com? When I put in my zip code, it gives a lot of houses, but they are scattered and I have to look up each one to see where it is. Is there a map, or a way to narrow the field?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I search a specific neighborhood on realtor.com?

can't you change your view to a map view?

o

That's what I want to do. How do you do that? I don't see a tab for maps anywhere.

o

I don't generally use that site, but gave it a look. I searched using City, State and got a list of houses with thumbnail photos. The map view link is shown in my photo, where the arrow is pointing. Hope that helps.

This post was edited by Gyr_Falcon on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 0:01

o

Thank you Gyr Falcon. I can't believe I never noticed that before.

If you don't use realtor.com, which one do you like for current listings?

o

When I go to realtor.com the first page offers the ability to "Search by: address, city, zip, neighborhood, or #MLS."

The example they give is "Old Town, Chicago, IL."

o

Of course, then I test it with my own city and it does not work. Nevermind.

o

Jane, thanks for asking this, and thanks, Gyr Falcon - I never noticed that either!!!

o

I'm frequently the one in need of "Where did they put that link?" help, so it is nice to be be the one to be able to pass along a point-out occasionally. ;)

Jane, there isn't anything wrong with realtor.con; I just didn't have it in my favorites and have not become familiar with that site. I believe they have redesigned their site since I first checked them out some years ago. My brief visit gave me the impression it has improved and might be one I would like to use more often now.

I still have Listing Book information sent to me (although a recent site design there won't allow me to stay logged in, so that is annoying!) and I keep tabs of trends on Zillow because I have knowledge of the historical flow of the prices there. Even the Trulia site has been redesigned twice since I was a buyer. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, so it depends upon the information I seek where I go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here