Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Regards to Closing: When is it a done deal?

Posted by stina44 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 18:52

Hello everyone! I tried to post this once but I'm not sure if it did actually post. I'm new to posting in the forum, but have lurked for a while. This is probably a stupid question but here goes! We just closed on our house today. Everyone signed everything, we were given the keys. Is it over now? Can we start doing all the things that they told us not to do before we were done with the process? For example, we want to go ahead and buy new furniture and stuff that might change our credit. Can they still come back and say Just kidding we found a problem and we can't complete this. Or is it no take-sies back-sies now? I know I'm probably just second guessing at this point but this house was a hard win and I don't want to jeopardize it in any way. I'm also a first time home buyer so this is my first time with any of this. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Regards to Closing: When is it a done deal?

Sounds like you are completely closed. Congratulations!

Feel free to start furnishing your new home, remembering you need to make those mortgage payments on time.

ML

o

Thanks for the feedback maddielee! We are over the moon excited! I'm stuck at work now, had to go straight after closing. I can't wait to be done so I can go spend time in the new house! lol And yes you're right, we will need to make sure to get those mortgage payments in on time each month! We have a budget so I feel good about it. Thanks again!

o

Don't know what other's think, but the very first thing after closing, I bought all new door hardware (knobs/levers) and locks, had them all keyed alike, and daughter installed them all right away. Felt all secure! Congratulations on your new home!

o

If you are a bit unsure, you might wait a week or so until all the documents are recorded. Also watch for sales, and maybe you can put items on layaway. Congraulaton! What you think you really really like for your new home may not be something you like in about a month or so. Take a deep breath and look around. You will be happier in the long one. How do I know. Been there and done that twice. Wish I had waited.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here