Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babushka_cat_gw

So many UFO's I might be sought by aliens!

babushka_cat
10 years ago

As mentioned previously, I recently inherited my mom's quilt studio. I have been sorting through the pile of boxes and fabric to get my workroom organized. This weekend I sorted through my mom's UFO's that she left behind. OMG, I have so many UFO's, the aliens may come to take me away! I had to inventory them to understand what was there. There are 29 projects in varying state of completion. Of those 20 are worth finishing and of the 20, 15 are full sized quilts! They are a mixture of pieced and applique projects. Some are from classes she took, going back as far as 1993. There are several that are drop dead gorgeous. It makes me sad that she was unable to see these through to completion.I think she got bored, did not like the follow through. She was also ill for quite some time so the feasibility of handling a large piece of fabric with batting etc may have just been physically too much for her. I plan to complete them and share them with my siblings. I am really enjying reading and learning about quilting - she also left a wonderful library of books.

So will be back soon with questions on how to finish the first UFO. There are so may to choose from, not sure which one to begin with!

Babushka Cat in CA.

Comments (4)