Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imrainey

How are the mystery quilts coming?

imrainey
13 years ago

Anyone sharing what they've got yet? Anything taking shape or are you still on accumulating different units?

Comments (7)

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Rainey, we're still making units. At least the step 4 ones would fit together with the step 1 ones! Step one gives you 2 x 5 rectangles, step 2 gives you 3-1/2" HSTs and step 3 is 8-1/2" string blocks! I'm in the middle of step 3. Been really sick so not much sewing happening. Step 4 gives you 2 x 3-1/2" rectangles plus an extra 2" square. She's definitely keeping it a mystery!

Donna

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

I'm still piecing Step 3. 60 string 9 in. blocks (for 8 /12) blocks! Yikes, that takes time. We get a clue every Friday and I'm behind, of course! Step 4 is easy this week so, hopefully, I can get the remaining string blocks done. My sewing room is a total mess and I don't like working in those conditions, but no sense cleaning up until the strings are complete.
    Donna, sorry about your cold! Hang in there. Looks like it is a "Catch Up" week for both of us!

Gwen...

• imrainey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hope you'll keep us posted. Maybe even with a pic or two as things begin to take shape? ;>

• love2sew
    13 years ago

I am doing the mystery but haven't started it yet. This will be my 4th and I only have one completely done. I should not be doing this, but I love her quilts as she keeps the mystery to the end and there is always a good challenge with it. I am only planning on doing half of the blocks to make a lap size quilt. I will post some pictures as it goes along.

I have had so much trouble getting logged on to the Garden Web all this week. I wrote them today and they reset my password as I am here.

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Step 3 ( 60 string blocks, 8 1/2in) are done and the sewing room is cleaned up! I am a happy camper...now on to Sep 4 because Step 5 is coming out on Friday. May get @ to taking pics and posting.

Donna hope you are better and making progress!

Gwen

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Thanks, Gwen - I finally feel almost normal. Hubby has choir practice tonight so I'm planning to work on the mystery some more!

Donna

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Glad you're better, Donna...good weather for sewing...it's not sunny central FL. Clue six is 600 2 inch HST! That's 100 each day until the next clue. I'm thinking about it so that makes me behind already.

Gwen...still thinking, thinking, thinking
    Wishing the Best for you and your famlies this Holy Christmas Season!