Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You won't believe this ...

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 22:37

Monday evening I was just sitting on my couch, half asleep when the phone rang. It was someone I didn't know, but I answered it anyway, and was glad I did. It was from Jennifer's guild, and I won the raffle quilt! I so needed a pick me up (working too many hours for too many days). I'll post pictures when it gets here. I'M SO EXCITED!!

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You won't believe this ...

Beverly - that is great news!!! Can't wait to see it : )

Marie

o

Wowzers Beverly!!!!! What a pick-me-up for you!!!!! Wooooohoooooo.......so glad you won!

SharonG/FL

o

How EXCITING!! Just another reason why going to camp is a good thing. :)

Faye

o

Congrats and Merry Christmas! What a great surprise!

kate

o

I love free stuff!! That is an awesome gift. Congrats!!

Robbi

o

How exciting! The quilt is beautiful and Jennifer did alot of work on it. Congratulations!

o

what a surprise. I've never known anyone who won and that was a lovely quilt. Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you.

o

Linda, this is my quilty Christmas. First my wall hanging, now the lap quilt. YIPPEE.

beverly

o

So happy for you Bev. What a wonderful surprise and just in time for Christmas. Do you know where you will put it yet?

o

Yay for you!!!!
Salijo

o

Congratulations, Beverly. That is just wonderful. Enjoy it!
Jeanne

o

Congrats! I was just sorting some papers and found my ticket ... I am so glad that someone I know won! I am sure it is beautiful. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Sue

o

I am keeping my fingers crossed that another Camp Cheerio person wins our Guild quilt - the drawing is in June.
Beverly ~ your good luck should keep working!!!

o

My experience winning a quilt raffle was a little suspect to other members of the group. Several of us had put together a full sized quilt and had enough blocks left over for a lap-sized. On the day of the draw, I was asked to pull the ticket for the smaller quilt. How embarrassing was it that I drew my own name. But since I had bought several tickets, I figured I could keep it. Then a friend who also worked on the quilts drew for the big quilt. No, not me this time, but my daughter. There were some puzzled looks from the crowd!! But all legitimate and above board!!

o

Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise. Isn't it amazing how quilters, who have cranked out many of them, often do it for other people and are quite happy to win one for themselves. You appreciate the work a quilt takes. That tickles me.

Nannykins, my husband won a beautiful, intricately stitched by hand whole cloth quilt the last year his church's quilting circle raffled one off. Everyone was gushing how 'lucky' he was. Hah. I think he bought .........no, I KNOW he bought half of the tickets so they'd make their quota knowing it was going to a good cause and figuring even at the price he paid, if he won he would have gotten a quilt worth well more than his investment.

o

Congratulations, what a nice Christmas surprise. Enjoy. Can't wait to see pictures.

o

Oh that's cool! Definitely want to see pics when you get it. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Peaceful New Year!

Best wishes to you and congrats!,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here