Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

You won't believe this ...

grammyp
12 years ago

Monday evening I was just sitting on my couch, half asleep when the phone rang. It was someone I didn't know, but I answered it anyway, and was glad I did. It was from Jennifer's guild, and I won the raffle quilt! I so needed a pick me up (working too many hours for too many days). I'll post pictures when it gets here. I'M SO EXCITED!!

beverly

Comments (17)

• wynative
    12 years ago

Beverly - that is great news!!! Can't wait to see it : )

Marie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wowzers Beverly!!!!! What a pick-me-up for you!!!!! Wooooohoooooo.......so glad you won!

SharonG/FL

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

How EXCITING!! Just another reason why going to camp is a good thing. :)

Faye

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Congrats and Merry Christmas! What a great surprise!

kate

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I love free stuff!! That is an awesome gift. Congrats!!

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

How exciting! The quilt is beautiful and Jennifer did alot of work on it. Congratulations!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

what a surprise. I've never known anyone who won and that was a lovely quilt. Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Linda, this is my quilty Christmas. First my wall hanging, now the lap quilt. YIPPEE.

beverly

• fran1523
    12 years ago

So happy for you Bev. What a wonderful surprise and just in time for Christmas. Do you know where you will put it yet?

• salijo
    12 years ago

Yay for you!!!!
    Salijo

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Beverly. That is just wonderful. Enjoy it!
    Jeanne

• polardream
    12 years ago

Congrats! I was just sorting some papers and found my ticket ... I am so glad that someone I know won! I am sure it is beautiful. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    Sue

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I am keeping my fingers crossed that another Camp Cheerio person wins our Guild quilt - the drawing is in June.
    Beverly ~ your good luck should keep working!!!

• nannykins
    12 years ago

My experience winning a quilt raffle was a little suspect to other members of the group. Several of us had put together a full sized quilt and had enough blocks left over for a lap-sized. On the day of the draw, I was asked to pull the ticket for the smaller quilt. How embarrassing was it that I drew my own name. But since I had bought several tickets, I figured I could keep it. Then a friend who also worked on the quilts drew for the big quilt. No, not me this time, but my daughter. There were some puzzled looks from the crowd!! But all legitimate and above board!!

• calliope
    12 years ago

Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise. Isn't it amazing how quilters, who have cranked out many of them, often do it for other people and are quite happy to win one for themselves. You appreciate the work a quilt takes. That tickles me.

Nannykins, my husband won a beautiful, intricately stitched by hand whole cloth quilt the last year his church's quilting circle raffled one off. Everyone was gushing how 'lucky' he was. Hah. I think he bought .........no, I KNOW he bought half of the tickets so they'd make their quota knowing it was going to a good cause and figuring even at the price he paid, if he won he would have gotten a quilt worth well more than his investment.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Congratulations, what a nice Christmas surprise. Enjoy. Can't wait to see pictures.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Oh that's cool! Definitely want to see pics when you get it. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Peaceful New Year!

Best wishes to you and congrats!,
    Sandra