Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Totally OT - neighborhood

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 25, 11 at 22:30

We don't have family in town but have had a wonderful Christmas this year, from our neighborhood party to a small gathering of excellent friends today for a Christmas dinner. Just a very few exchanged gifts between my DH and me resulted in gifts I loved but probably would never have gotten for myself. It's all been good.

And then this evening at the dinner I heard something that completely blew me away! It turns out that one of my heros - an astronaut who flew missions in the 1980s - lived in my current neighborhood just a few houses from me!!! They were talking about the Crippens who attended an earlier neighborhood Christmas dinner and I asked if it was Bob Crippen the astronaut, never expecting them to say yes. But it was! How cool is that?!? It may be silly, but for me it's like finding out you 'almost' have a connection to Mick Jagger or Bono or some other rock star. I was always a space geek/fan and Bob Crippen was as awesome as that group got. He was my favorite and I followed his career for years.

Totally Off Topic, I know, but I had to share this!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Totally OT - neighborhood

Now that you know you are in the same neighborhood it is time to become acquainted. The new year look promising. It makes my day to know you had a good one. Merry Christmas. Jayne

o

Totally cool!
I'm glad you had a good party with friends too. Merry Christmas.
Sue

o

Jayne, if they still lived here I would be knocking on their door! But they moved years ago, long before we came.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here